Many homeowners take on home improvement projects to enhance curb appeal, boost the value of their home, or increase their enjoyment of it. These days, however, more and more people are motivated by improvements that will help them gain huge energy savings. It makes sense in terms of both environmental conservation and budget considerations.
While you may be familiar with traditional energy-saving tips, such as switching to LED lights, Handyman Connection of Knightdale shares a variety of projects you may not have considered before.
- Weatherstripping Installation – Weatherstripping is not only important during winter; it also helps improve your comfort during summer. The rule of thumb is that if you can see daylight through any of your window or door frames, you’re wasting lots of money and energy. Be sure to install top-quality weatherstripping on trouble areas, such as the bottom of the doorway, for bigger energy savings in the long run.
- Attic Insulation – Insulating the attic is a great way to retain the heat in your home. Since molecules in warm air move faster than cold air, warm air expands, becomes lighter, and rises up through the ceiling and into the attic. A well-insulated attic helps prevent this much-needed heat from escaping through your roof to the world outside.
- Air Filter Replacement – Your air conditioning unit has to work harder when it’s pushing air through dust-filler filter. This will have a huge impact on your monthly cooling bill. By replacing your dirty air filters, you can enjoy cleaner air without having to overwork your cooling units.
- Vent Maintenance – As with your AC units, vents are important for distributing cooler air around your home. It’s vital, however, that they remain clean and unobstructed. Setting aside half an hour to suck out dust and debris using a vacuum cleaner can help a lot in maintaining these components.
- Programmable Thermostat Installation – A programmable thermostat will help you set a schedule so that your AC will start cooling your home right before you get home, instead of running it all day long. Installing this can help cut down your energy costs significantly.
Through these projects, you can make your home more comfortable for your family without having to spend thousands of dollars on major modifications. If you need expert help in performing these tasks, you can count on Handyman Connection of Knightdale. Simply give us a call or complete our form, and we’ll be happy to give you a free consultation.